Bacon,eggs, beans & tomatoes – all in one pan and all in under 10 minutes!
I made this for a late breakfast this morning with the following pulled-together ingredients from the fridge:
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 each of a red & green capsicum or pepper
- 4 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 1/3rd of a can of baked beans
- 1/3 can of tomatoes (any variety)
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes or powder
- 2 eggs
- Sprinkle of fresh herbs – whatever you have in the garden!
- salt & pepper to season.
- Crusty bread or toasted ciabatta to serve.
Okay, oil & onions in the pan, chop the capsicums/peppers and add to the pan. Next comes the bacon, cook for about 2 mins. Tip in the tomatoes and beans…stir in the spices and let the aroma fill the kitchen! Make a little dent in the mixture to settle an egg into – repeat! Pop a lid over the pan and turn down the heat for about 2-3 minutes depending on how you like your eggs cooked.
While the eggs cook, cut up your crusty bread or toast a slice or two from the freezer (that was me this morning!)
Sprinkle fresh herbs over the top with a little cracked black pepper and salt. And there you have it 🙂
I have presented this for dinner on the odd occasion I have not ‘felt kitchen love’ after a day at the office and it has gone down well. I have added spinach to the pan before adding the eggs to get a dose of greens too. Just let the spinach wilt before adding the eggs.
ps….first time I have taken photos as I went – what do you think?