Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Gnocchi – December 2016
If you are like me and working outside of the home all day, and then coming home looking for something quick & easy for dinner then this dish will fill that brief!
There is no shame in having ingredients in your pantry that can create a tasty meal in less than 15minutes during the week; not every meal needs to be made from scratch 🙂 This tasty recipe uses a packet of fresh gnocchi which I had in the refrigerator, salad greens and tonight; beetroot from a can!
- 500g packet potato gnocchi
- 100g butter
- 2 shallots, finely
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsps capers
- 450g can baby beetroot, drained, & quartered
- 150g packet baby salad leaves
- 150g goat’s cheese
- Fresh herbs, lemon wedges to serve
- 1-2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Cook gnocchi according to the packets instructions
- Drain and set aside
- Melt the butter, sauté the shallots, garlic & capers for 2-3 minutes under soft
- Add the gnocchi & cook for a few minutes until the gnocchi is golden brown
- Toss the salad greens & beetroot through the gnocchi – top with the goat’s cheese crumbled over the top and fresh herbs. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts and you are ready to eat!
This dish serves 4 and takes me 15 minutes to put together. It is substantial enough to eat as your vegetarian meal option for the week (don’t we all do this?) or as a side with a grilled sausage, chicken schnitzel or even fish.
Make sure you are kind to yourself by having fresh pasta in the refrigerator, a range of canned products and a healthy selection of fresh vegetables available to throw a quick meal together.
During the week quick & easy is key to being able to get a meal on the dinner table for the family – you have all weekend to get fancy & make your own pasta!
Happy cooking xx