Looking for something quick to cook for dinner during the week? Prepare these chicken drumsticks the night before and park them in the refrigerator overnight. While they are baking in the oven you can make a quick coucous vegetable salad or a tray of roasted veggie’s. 30 minutes later you are sitting down for a quick and tasty meal!
For those of you who like to use your microwave, pop the chicken drumsticks in a covered dish for 8 minutes then brush with reduced marinade.
In the summertime, get the barbecue going and grill for 6-8 minutes until golden and cooked through – less dishes with this method 🙂 Spoon over the remaining reduced marinade to serve.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup light honey
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 2 tbsp chopped thyme or rosemary leaves
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place chicken in a bowl or clean plastic bag. Combine honey, vinegar, garlic, mustard, oil and herbs, add to chicken and toss to coat. Marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 200°C and line a large baking dish with baking paper for easy clean-up. Arrange chicken drumsticks in a single layer on prepared oven tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer marinade to a small pot and simmer until slightly thickened (about 3 minutes). Bake chicken, turning frequently, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a skewer in the thickest part (25-30 minutes). Brush with reduced marinade during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Spoon over the remaining reduced marinade to serve.
Happy cooking xx
One thought on “Sticky Honey Mustard Drumsticks”