Are you looking for something sweet but not too sweet? Quick and easy to make? And a different enough to impress dinner guests?
This desert recipe will have them coming back for more I promise – even those dieting guests who we cooks love to hate 🙂
Ingredients to serve 4
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- 50g melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 4 bananas – straight ones are easier to work with!
- honey to serve
- Natural thick greek yogurt to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°c.
- Lay one sheet of filo on the bench & brush with melted butter. Repeat with the another two(2) layers of filo pastry. Repeat with the other three (3) sheets of filo. Cut in half so you have 4 large squares each three (3) sheets thick.
- Brush the top layer of filo with melted butter, sprinkle with the cinnamon and brown sugar, and the sprinkle over the pistachios.
- Place each banana, widthways in the middle of each filo square. Do what you have to bend the banana to fit 🙂 Firmly roll the pastry around the banana, making sure no pistachios escape!
- Place the rolls on a lined baking tray (I always use baking paper) with the pastry seam underneath. Brush with melted butter and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Drizzle over honey and more pistachios. Serve rolls hot with a spoonful of yoghurt or if you are being indulgent and not watching the waistline a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
If you have not used filo pastry before this is a good recipe to try it out on. Filo is a healthier option – and it cooks up really crunchy and is just plain yum!
Happy Baking xx