Another cookie favourite at home is this fun recipe with 3 different types of chocolate and red glace cherries in them – personally I love the cherries but if you don’t love them like me feel free to use cranberries.
Makes 24 Preparation: 10 Minutes Cooking: 20 minutes
- 125g butter at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups mixed white, milk & dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g packet red glace cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/160°c fan bake. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale & creamy. Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Sift in the flour, stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate & cherries.
- Place heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared tray, leaving little room for spreading.
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. * the cookies will firm as they cool.
Whilst this batch does look a little less than perfect, you will have to take the hubby’s word for it that they tasted great 🙂
Happy baking xx