To my hubby’s relief I have finally got back into the kitchen and baked some cookies 🙂
There are loads of recipes for this everyday favourite biscuit but this is the one I use all the time…the secret is using really good chocolate.
I try and have on hand a bag of Belgian Chocolate – it is a little expensive however it does make such a difference to the taste of the cookies. I use the cheaper baking chocolate when baking for a school event so keep both handy in the pantry. The other tip is to use v vanilla paste if you can. Again the taste profile makes it worth it 🙂
For this recipe you will need the following:
- 125g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups tightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or paste (I use paste but essence is fine to use)
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 250g good-quality chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Butter & sugar into your mixer and beat until light and creamy. Make sure the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add vanilla & egg and beat again.
- Sift the four, baking powder & salt into the butter mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate.
- Roll tablespoons of cookie dough and put about 3cm apart on the lined baking tray. Flatten with a fork. Bake for 15-20 mins until a pale golden brown.
For a change try using a mixture of different chocolate, like dark, milk & white or as I did today white chocolate and cranberries which are a favourite!
Happy baking xx
4 thoughts on “Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies!”