I have been promising to bake some muffins for a few weekends now – and when hubby made a comment about having to resort to eating the ingredients I knew it was time to get in the kitchen!
Raspberry season is well and truly however like all good cooks I have frozen berries son hand all year round.
This recipe does well with fresh or f frozen raspberries – keep it on hand for when you can buy fresh – it uses 100g of fresh raspberries which isn’t much so give it a go. I promise you – they will be loved, especially when they are still fresh and warm from the oven!
- 300 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 grams golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ( I use vanilla paste but extract/essence is fine)
- 225 ml milk
- 50 grams butter, melted
- 100 grams raspberries, halved
- 100 grams white chocolate, chopped into chunks (if you can get it Whittakers is my favourite)
- Pre-heat oven to 180
1. Prepare the raspberries and chocolate, then..
2. Sift flour and baking powder into large bowl. Stir in the sugar.
3. In separate bowl crack the egg, whisk in the vanilla extract, milk and melted butter. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture.
4. Fold in raspberries and white chocolate (Using a metal spoon is best as this avoids most damage to raspberries.)
5. Cook for approx. 30 minute or until muffins are risen and firm. Dust with icing sugar…and enjoy them warm from the oven but be careful for hot chocolate!!
ps..I have two raspberry bushes growing in my garden which only the birds have enjoyed so far – I am holding out for a good crop next summer!
Happy baking! xx