Every salad needs a good dressing, and personally I like a variety of dressings on hand to spice up a plate.
This dressing makes use of the seasonal blueberry, and is really delicious. A small disclaimer that it does have a bit of a kick so the kids may not love it – reduce the quantity of dijon mustard if you prefer less kick yourself. Food is made to enjoy so taste and adjust to suit your palette.
Blueberry Balsamic Dressing
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 teaspoon salt ( I use pink Himalayan)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (but use olive oil if you don’t have this)
In a food processor or blender, combine all dressing ingredients except for the oil. Blend until the blueberries are completely pureed, then drizzle in the oil with the blender still going. Once the dressing is emulsified you’re done!
Happy dressing xx